- The District of Columbia and United States Territories Quarter Program is a one-year initiative to honor the District of Columbia and the five United States Territories.
- Under this program, the reverse design of the quarter-dollar will change six times in 2009.
- The coins will be issued in equal sequential intervals for that one year.
- The quarter-dollars will be released in the following order
- The District of Columbia
- The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- American Samoa
- The United States Virgin Islands
- The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- This program immediately follows the 50 State Quarters® Program, which ends in 2008.
- The District of Columbia and United States Territories quarter-dollars will be legal tender coinage, issued by the United States Mint, and will be available in circulation.
Note: The obverse (heads) of the quarters will continue to bear the familiar image of George Washington.
|District of Columbia||Puerto Rico||Guam|
|Mintage: 83.6M "P" & 88.8M "D"||Mintage: 53.2M "P" & 86.0M "D"||Mintage: 45.0M "P" & 42.6M "D"|
|American Samoa||U.S. Virgin Islands||Northern Mariana Islands|
|Mintage: 42.6M "P" & 39.6M "D"||Mintage: 41.0M "P" & 41.0M "D"||Mintage: 35.2M "P" & 37.6M "D"|
- Standard Weight = 5.670g
- Standard Diameter = 0.955 in (24.26mm)
- Thickness = 1.75 mm
- Edge = Reeded
- Composition = Cupro-Nickel Clad (8.33% Nickel, Balance Cu)